SaaS vs Custom eCommerce Platform - Which is Better
E-commerce is a booming industry so more businesses are going online. In the present era, everyone is giving importance to online shopping, due to which the importance of online business is increasing. However, when it comes to starting an e-commerce business, there is more to it than it looks, especially when it comes to choosing a platform for e-commerce solutions.
The platform you choose for e-commerce store development plays a huge role in the success of your eCommerce business. Businesses have two options, either go with an e-commerce model that provides readymade solutions or hire a company to develop and design an e-commerce store. This is where the decision to choose between a SaaS and a custom e-commerce development platform comes into the picture.
One of the biggest dilemmas faced by startup companies is whether they can build an eCommerce store using SaaS or a fully customizable platform. In today's article, we help you understand which option is better for a startup. If you want to start your online business, and you need a website, you can hire the best website development company in USA
Are you looking for SaaS Development Company?
Need help? then you just have to tell us. Submit your details so we can get in touch with you.
Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) is one of the most widely used eCommerce platforms. The cloud-based system provides an off-the-rack solution. Technical skills are not required to use or manage a SaaS platform as it is extremely easy to use. Experts often say that a SaaS-based platform is best suited for an eCommerce business. Startups and small-scale e-commerce businesses can use SaaS for e-commerce solutions as it is less complex and involves very less investment.
With this option, an e-commerce business gets readymade e-commerce solutions at a monthly fee. While this seems like the ideal option, there are many ways in which SaaS-based e-commerce platforms fall short of optimized platforms. The SaaS-based platform is less scalable and flexible. Also, it comes with fewer features.
- It is ideal for small-scale projects, especially if you do not have more than 2000 products.
- Configuration is easy and quick.
- Upright to maintain;you can add modules as per your requirement, and you also have the option to modify to include custom functionality even though you are limited
- It is updated frequently so remains relatively bug-free
- It is possible to add as many products as you want
- low implementation cost
- Better support for mobile buyers
Custom Ecommerce Platforms
Customized eCommerce platforms are the top choice for well-established e-commerce businesses. Unlike restrictive SaaS-based platforms, custom platforms let businesses use myriad technologies without any limitations. Not only is the fully customizable e-commerce platform more scalable and flexible, but it also has a plethora of advanced features.
The customization feature of this platform makes it an ideal choice for e-commerce companies looking for a model that allows them to integrate the features of their choice and choose a design that best suits their brand. Ho. However, as one might expect, a custom platform requires a lot of investment. This is the reason why most startups skip this option and opt for SaaS and other e-commerce platforms.
If you are a startup struggling to choose between SaaS and custom e-commerce models, it is essential to weigh the pros and cons of both platforms and compare their features. Read on to learn about the different ways in which SaaS and custom e-commerce differ from each other.
- You can get a unique looking website that is different from other websites
- It is possible to change the source code according to your needs as the platforms are open source
- You can keep the code for the site, which will allow you to make modifications at a later stage.
- There's no limit to the number of products you can add and the number of designs you can create
- It is highly scalable and can be built on a large scale as your business grows so that additional products, users, etc.
- One-time payment including all the additional customizations you have to do
- Multiple payment gateways included, but you can add local methods if you need to
- With less downtime, it's more rewarding in the long run
- Technical support from the developer
Both have different work and features. So, you need to choose one that is appropriate as per your need. If you don’t have any idea about how to create a website on both platforms, you can contact us. We are known as a Top Website Development Company in USA. Our team has a good qualification as well as knowledge about every platform.